Cricket Australia has announced the first round of signings for the up-coming Women’s Big Bash, which will begin on December 5th 2015, leading to a final two months later on January 24th 2016.
CA promised to create a balanced competition by allocating the best Southern Stars players across the different teams, so we have the likes of Meg Lanning, Ellyse Perry and Jess Cameron all going their separate ways.
WBBL Initial Signings:
- Adelaide Strikers – Megan Schutt
- Brisbane Heat – Holly Ferling
- Hobart Hurricanes – Julie Hunter
- Melbourne Renegades – Sarah Elliott
- Melbourne Stars – Meg Lanning
- Perth Scorchers – Jess Cameron
- Sydney Sixers – Ellyse Perry
- Sydney Thunder – Rene Farrell