NB – Because there have been no cancelled games in Div 1 this season (amazingly!) “Average” points won’t come into it, so we’ve shown total points for clarity; but technically it is average points that count.
At The Top
At the top of the table, either Yorkshire or Warwickshire (or even Lancashire at a pinch) could win it.
- Yorkshire, playing Notts – Equal (or better) Warwickshire’s result.
- Warwickshire, playing Lancashire – Better Yorkshire’s result but more than one point. (If they are equal on points, Yorkshire win because they won the game between them yesterday.)
- Lancashire, playing Warwickshire – Win big and hope Yorkshire lose big.
At The Bottom
At the bottom, one of Kent, Middlesex and Sussex will accompany Berkshire down to Div 2 next season.
- Kent, playing Berkshire – Win… probably! (It is technically possible that they could win and still go down, if they somehow contrived to get a lot fewer bonus points than the loser of Sussex v Middlesex.)
- Middlesex, playing Sussex – Win, or hope Kent lose!
- Sussex, playing Middlesex – Ditto – win, or hope Kent lose!