England have recalled batting allrounder Sophia Dunkley and fast bowler Katie George, as part of a squad of 16 to face West Indies in 5 T20 internationals later this month. Dunkley is selected off the back of an innings of 97 for the South East Stars, which was watched in person by England coach Lisa Keightley; whilst George has impressed in the intra-squad warm-up fixtures at Derby and Loughborough.
Apart from Georgia Elwiss, who is out with a back injury, the squad is otherwise unchanged from the one which contested the T20 World Cup in Australia earlier this year.
The other members of the training squad will return to their regions for the last round and the final of the Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy, though Bryony Smith and Linsey Smith have both been placed on “standby” to re-join the England squad, should they be required.
Announcing the squad, Lisa Keightley said:
“We’re in a great place going in to the Vitality IT20s against West Indies. It’s been a challenging summer for everyone and we are privileged to be in a position to play an international series, and to get the chance to showcase the women’s game.”
- Heather Knight (Western Storm)
- Tammy Beaumont (Lightning)
- Katherine Brunt (Northern Diamonds)
- Kate Cross (Thunder)
- Freya Davies (South East Stars)
- Sophia Dunkley (South East Stars)
- Sophie Ecclestone (Thunder)
- Katie George (Western Storm)
- Sarah Glenn (Central Sparks)
- Amy Jones (Central Sparks)
- Nat Sciver (Northern Diamonds)
- Anya Shrubsole (Western Storm)
- Mady Villiers (Sunrisers)
- Fran Wilson (Sunrisers)
- Lauren Winfield-Hill (Northern Diamonds)
- Danni Wyatt (Southern Vipers)