Maia Bouchier and Charlie Dean have earned their maiden call-ups to the England squad which will face New Zealand in three T20s beginning on 1 September at Chelmsford.
Both were mainstays of their sides in The Hundred – Bouchier hit 33* from 19 balls in Southern Brave’s victory against Northern Superchargers; while off-spinning all-rounder Dean regularly bowled for London Spirit in the powerplay.
However, the call-ups are also a testament to the pair’s consistent performances for Southern Vipers over the past 18 months – both played a key role in the side which won the inaugural Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy in 2020, and Bouchier has recently been seen opening for Vipers in the 20-over Charlotte Edwards Cup.
Fran Wilson has been omitted from the squad after sitting out of the India series earlier in the summer.
The full squad is below:
- Heather Knight (Western Storm)
- Tammy Beaumont (Lightning)
- Maia Bouchier (Southern Vipers)
- Katherine Brunt (Northern Diamonds)
- Freya Davies (South East Stars)
- Charlie Dean (Southern Vipers)
- Sophia Dunkley (South East Stars)
- Sophie Ecclestone (Thunder)
- Tash Farrant (South East Stars)
- Sarah Glenn (Central Sparks)
- Amy Jones (Central Sparks)
- Nat Sciver (Northern Diamonds)
- Anya Shrubsole (Western Storm)
- Mady Villiers (Sunrisers)
- Danni Wyatt (Southern Vipers)