The announcement by the ICC of further expanded TV coverage of the Women’s World T20 in India is good news… except if you are an England fan.
The ICC has confirmed that 13 matches, including the semi-finals and final, will now be broadcast, and all 10 teams will have at least one televised game. (Previously just 10 broadcast matches had been promised.)
However, there is disappointment for England fans.
Sky had previously said that all of England’s group matches would be shown:
But it now seems that only the group games against Bangladesh (on Thursday 17th March) and India (on Tuesday 22 March) will be televised. (Sky’s updated schedule confirms this here.)
The full revised TV schedule is below, but check with your broadcaster to see which ones they are actually transmitting!
(Sky don’t appear to be showing all of them: Ireland’s only broadcast game – against Australia – is one missing from Sky’s schedule, for example.)
- Tuesday 15 March – India v Bangladesh
- Thursday 17 March – England v Bangladesh
- Saturday 19 March – India v Pakistan
- Monday 21 March – Australia v New Zealand
- Tuesday 22 March – England v India
- Thursday 24 March – Australia v Sri Lanka
- Thursday 24 March – Pakistan v Bangladesh
- Saturday 26 March – Australia v Ireland
- Sunday 27 March – West Indies v India
- Monday 28 March – South Africa v Sri Lanka
- Wednesday 30 March – Semi-Final 1
- Thursday 31 March – Semi-Final 2
- Sunday 3 April – Final